Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An arrangement or combination of colours, especially one used in interior decoration.‘a brown or gold colour scheme’
decoration, furnishing, furbishing, ornamentationView synonyms
- ‘Throughout the house, a colour scheme of terracotta and soft golds works well with the wooden floors.’
- ‘The emerging colour scheme in my garden is purples, silvers and blues.’
- ‘I finally found the motivation to change the colour scheme of this blog last night.’
- ‘Lou and Harold are trying to work out the colour scheme for their pub.’
- ‘The master bedroom has a cast-iron fireplace and is decorated in a neutral colour scheme.’
- ‘She had liked the new colour scheme and the pale oak benches I had introduced.’
- ‘The colour scheme would remain - a lovely Georgian blue for the door, and stone for the stonework.’
- ‘Perhaps the colour scheme could be extended more throughout the centre of the village.’
- ‘Pick your own colour scheme and paint your frame to complement this.’
- ‘It is decorated in cream with an oatmeal carpet, a colour scheme that is continued throughout the apartment.’
- ‘There is a contemporary colour scheme, plus new carpets and a smart light wood veneer finish on tables.’
- ‘With its simple colour scheme and one-page layout it is designed for fast downloading and quick access to new material.’
- ‘I'm fairly happy with the layout, but I think I might play around with the colour scheme over the next few days.’
- ‘The bedlinen in the main bedroom could be changed to co-ordinate with the rest of the colour scheme - at the moment it is a bit of a clash.’
- ‘Actually the earthy colour scheme used throughout the property is probably just on the somber side of restful.’
- ‘Find out in advance if the car will be decorated with ribbons or flowers to match the wedding colour scheme.’
- ‘The salon's decoration has been inspired by the theme of water and purity, the colour scheme being whites, blues and greens.’
- ‘Perhaps a coordinated colour scheme might be considered for terraces of townhouses.’
- ‘I must be bored because I'm thinking of changing the colour scheme.’
- ‘There will be plenty of comfy seating and a colour scheme of pale pinks and blues.’
- ‘Evergreen shrubs ranging in color from deep green to gold vary the color scheme and add texture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.