One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photographic filter that absorbs light of certain colours.as modifier ‘a colour filter wheel’
- ‘By using color filters, he explained, the intricate details of an image begin to emerge.’
- ‘I use combinations of color filters in front to control the colors and contrast between light and shadows.’
- ‘He very obviously revels in his subject's pace, constantly but unobtrusively playing with camera angles, colour filters and film to suit the mood and period of the scene.’
- ‘Planet-based scenes are shot with colour filters, adding a realistic feel to images of alien territory.’
- ‘Toss in some jazzy music and some different color filters, and hey, that's one snappy opening.’
- ‘The amazing quality was achieved by the use of three monochrome transparencies, each exposed through a colour filter, designed to be melded by simultaneous projection on a screen.’
- ‘He figured out how to use black-and-white photographic film and color filters to create full-color visualizations.’
- ‘The color filters that he uses make everything in the film feel overly nostalgic, especially considering how grim the subject matter is.’
- ‘Meanwhile, her colour filter lenses strapped over my eyes induced a feeling of complete calm.’
- ‘Another aspect of colour filters is the psychological effect they have on our emotions; for example, blue can evoke strong feelings of serenity or coolness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.