One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dyed in colours that will not fade or be washed out.
- ‘If colour blots off, the garment is not colour fast.’
- ‘Hand drawn and printed on high quality paper using colour fast inks, the map features the heraldic crests of many famous families.’
- ‘One word of caution - batiks are not colour fast.’
- ‘It is a heat-setting ink which, when properly applied, will be colour fast, dry cleanable, wash resistant and suitable for most fabrics.’
- ‘Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area prior to use, to ensure that the fabric is color fast.’
- ‘Natural dyes are not sufficiently colour fast to use in the manufacture of our carpets.’
- ‘The rugs are colour fast to the highest possible standards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.