One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enormous squid found in deep Antarctic and subantarctic seas of the southern hemisphere, which may reach a length of up to 14 metres (46 feet).
Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni, family Cranchiidae
- ‘Penguins, orcas, minke whales, colossal squid, seals, krill, and a multitude of other animals all call the ice and ocean home.’
- ‘Colossal squid have occasionally been observed attacking and feeding on Antarctic toothfish as they were being hauled in by fishers.’
- ‘A 330-pound, sixteen-foot female colossal squid was caught in early April 2003 in the Ross Sea south of Wellington, New Zealand.’
- ‘Sharing the tank with the giant squid is a colossal squid.’
- ‘Adelie and emperor penguins, Antarctic petrels and Weddell seals, Ross Sea killer whales and colossal squid all thrive in these remote waters.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.