Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The practice of injecting water via the anus to flush out the colon, used as a therapeutic treatment.[count noun] ‘he waits for his colonic irrigation’
- ‘Medical opinion is divided on colonic irrigation.’
- ‘During their stay, they undergo regular colonic irrigation, and drink odd herbal remedies that are said to have rejuvenating properties.’
- ‘Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.’
- ‘The therapist, who was born Panna Lal Palta in India, offered colonic irrigation, massages and reflexology classes.’
- ‘The most hotly debated issue, among those who want to detoxify at speed, is the virtue of colonic irrigation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.