One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of injecting water via the anus to flush out the colon, used as a therapeutic treatment.count noun ‘he waits for his colonic irrigation’
- ‘The most hotly debated issue, among those who want to detoxify at speed, is the virtue of colonic irrigation.’
- ‘Medical opinion is divided on colonic irrigation.’
- ‘During their stay, they undergo regular colonic irrigation, and drink odd herbal remedies that are said to have rejuvenating properties.’
- ‘The therapist, who was born Panna Lal Palta in India, offered colonic irrigation, massages and reflexology classes.’
- ‘Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.