One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of injecting water via the anus to flush out the colon, used as a therapeutic treatment.count noun ‘he waits for his colonic irrigation’
- ‘The most hotly debated issue, among those who want to detoxify at speed, is the virtue of colonic irrigation.’
- ‘During their stay, they undergo regular colonic irrigation, and drink odd herbal remedies that are said to have rejuvenating properties.’
- ‘Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.’
- ‘The therapist, who was born Panna Lal Palta in India, offered colonic irrigation, massages and reflexology classes.’
- ‘Medical opinion is divided on colonic irrigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.