One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting the colon.
- ‘LCT treatment caused significant dose-related increases in the MN formation in bone marrow and colonic crypt epithelial cells.’
- ‘Celiac disease is a T-cell-mediated disorder triggered by gluten in susceptible subjects, affecting not only the small bowel but also the gastric and colonic mucosae.’
- ‘The microscopic appearances of the prostatic and the colonic carcinomas were distinct from the bladder tumor and therefore posed no problems in the differential diagnosis.’
- ‘The stomach and small bowel were dilated due to there being colonic atresia just distal to the cecum.’
- ‘Findings included a large right renal tumor mass adherent to the inferior portion of the liver and invading the renal vein with metastatic spread to the colonic mesentery and regional lymph nodes.’
An act of colonic irrigation.
- ‘And I'm not sure that I want colonics to be part of my lifestyle.’
- ‘In our confessional culture, it is socially acceptable - even fashionable - to disclose your sexual predilections, your husband's problem with painkillers, your penchant for high colonics.’
- ‘From herbal injections to colonics, our ‘bod squad’ finds out what the stars do to stay sexy.’
- ‘Dr. Haas suggests that enemas, colonics and cleansing diets with fiber supplements, under the guidance of a professional, can all be used to cleanse the colon.’
- ‘Although Pressman says colonic irrigation is an acceptable way to relieve occasional constipation, he warns that frequent colonics can foster a dependency and traumatize or strip the lining of the large intestine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.