One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting the colon.
- ‘Findings included a large right renal tumor mass adherent to the inferior portion of the liver and invading the renal vein with metastatic spread to the colonic mesentery and regional lymph nodes.’
- ‘The stomach and small bowel were dilated due to there being colonic atresia just distal to the cecum.’
- ‘LCT treatment caused significant dose-related increases in the MN formation in bone marrow and colonic crypt epithelial cells.’
- ‘The microscopic appearances of the prostatic and the colonic carcinomas were distinct from the bladder tumor and therefore posed no problems in the differential diagnosis.’
- ‘Celiac disease is a T-cell-mediated disorder triggered by gluten in susceptible subjects, affecting not only the small bowel but also the gastric and colonic mucosae.’
An act of colonic irrigation.
- ‘Dr. Haas suggests that enemas, colonics and cleansing diets with fiber supplements, under the guidance of a professional, can all be used to cleanse the colon.’
- ‘And I'm not sure that I want colonics to be part of my lifestyle.’
- ‘In our confessional culture, it is socially acceptable - even fashionable - to disclose your sexual predilections, your husband's problem with painkillers, your penchant for high colonics.’
- ‘From herbal injections to colonics, our ‘bod squad’ finds out what the stars do to stay sexy.’
- ‘Although Pressman says colonic irrigation is an acceptable way to relieve occasional constipation, he warns that frequent colonics can foster a dependency and traumatize or strip the lining of the large intestine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.