One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Colombia or its people.‘a remote village near the Colombian border’‘the former Colombian president’
- ‘He may be an American, but his knowledge of Colombian politics and lifestyle is extensive and a tribute to the thorough research he carried out before filming.’
- ‘The site of the Colombian artist's sculpture was the imposing 19th-century Anglican Cathedral.’
- ‘A Colombian coffee has a winey flavor associated with its acidity.’
- ‘A famous Saxon heirloom is nearby, the lump of brown iron ore studded with newly-discovered Colombian emeralds.’
- ‘He was born in Spain and one of his parents is Colombian.’
A native or inhabitant of Colombia.‘only 17 per cent of Colombians live in Bogota’
- ‘A native Colombian who has never acted in a film before, she has the face of Raphael's Madonna and displays a gravitas far beyond her 23 years.’
- ‘After the late 1970s, many Colombians chose to settle in Miami, which they found attractive for its climate, growing economy, and tradition of tolerance.’
- ‘I had never climbed so fast in my life, either, but my attempts to keep up with the Colombians were hopeless.’
- ‘In New York in the '70s, with the Cuban embargo, you'd get the Puerto Rican musicians and exiled Cuban musicians mixing with Colombians.’
- ‘His many works filled Colombians with curiosity and admiration for the region's cultural complexity, its contemporary myths, its take on reality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.