One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Put colloquially, the vision of multiculturalism is that you don't have to be same to be equal.’
- ‘Unchecked, it leads to changes in posture, particularly in the form of a hunched back known colloquially as dowager's hump, and decreased mobility.’
- ‘I know I can write colloquially but I really do lose confidence when I have to prepare formal briefing papers.’
- ‘To find your real e-mail, you must wade through the torrent of fraud and obscenity known politely as " unsolicited bulk e-mail " and colloquially as spam.’
- ‘Countries in permanent crisis, with the population at subsistence level, more or less chaotic, but without total civil strife, are known colloquially as ‘basket cases’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.