Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the binding together of molecules.‘the colligative properties of dilute solutions’
- ‘Any solute will affect the colligative properties of a solution.’
- ‘These studies distinguish the conformational and colligative properties of the individual bases in DNA and their inherent capacity to promote specific folding pathways.’
- ‘Their antifreeze effect is due to their colligative (water-binding) properties and is thus directly related to their concentration.’
- ‘These are the colligative properties of a solution, and the property that road salt crews exploit is freezing-point depression.’
- ‘Although no measurements of osmotic coefficients of proteins in a muscle cell have been made to date to corroborate this assumption, a variety of other motional and colligative properties of muscle solutes have been investigated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.