One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the binding together of molecules.‘the colligative properties of dilute solutions’
- ‘Although no measurements of osmotic coefficients of proteins in a muscle cell have been made to date to corroborate this assumption, a variety of other motional and colligative properties of muscle solutes have been investigated.’
- ‘These studies distinguish the conformational and colligative properties of the individual bases in DNA and their inherent capacity to promote specific folding pathways.’
- ‘Any solute will affect the colligative properties of a solution.’
- ‘These are the colligative properties of a solution, and the property that road salt crews exploit is freezing-point depression.’
- ‘Their antifreeze effect is due to their colligative (water-binding) properties and is thus directly related to their concentration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.