One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Negotiation of wages and other conditions of employment by an organized body of employees.
- ‘The final section engages critically with the dynamics of collective bargaining at a global level.’
- ‘Unions use collective bargaining to help set wages and salaries and worker benefits.’
- ‘Details like wages and linking shorter hours to more flexible work organisation were left to collective bargaining.’
- ‘That means that workers do not have the right to organise and conduct collective bargaining, which is something that we take for granted.’
- ‘That's an issue that is becoming increasing sharp as employers seek to undermine collective bargaining.’
- ‘It sought to achieve this by regulating wages and by encouraging collective bargaining.’
- ‘If it's accurate, and it means what it says, it presumably means that unionisation and collective bargaining would be illegal.’
- ‘Wage differentials were decreased through government policy and collective bargaining.’
- ‘Compulsory collective bargaining would impose on employers an obligation to conduct negotiations with trade unions.’
- ‘Thus, joint regulation of employment through collective bargaining grew in importance while unilateral regulation declined.’
- ‘The Fair Trade label would require growers to pay a fair wage and to permit collective bargaining.’
- ‘A few of us battled hard against massed ranks of those claiming that a national minimum wage would destroy the principle of free collective bargaining.’
- ‘We have now managed to re-establish collective bargaining.’
- ‘I think the imbalance in collective bargaining is wrong, and I think that the minimum conditions are far too minimal.’
- ‘All employees take the gains of collective bargaining negotiated for their particular workgroup by a union, whether or not they are members of it.’
- ‘The trend away from traditional national wage contracts and collective bargaining is in full swing.’
- ‘Auckland University was ordered by the Employment Court to participate in collective bargaining earlier this month.’
- ‘He wanted a pragmatic organization of skilled workers committed to collective bargaining for better wages and conditions.’
- ‘We simply need a neutral environment with some protections for collective bargaining and organising.’
- ‘Five main trade unions are recognized and have negotiation rights on pay and conditions and health and safety via collective bargaining.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.