One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being calm and self-controlled.‘she is the very picture of collectedness and confidence’
composure, assurance, self-assurance, self-control, calmness, coolness, cool headView synonyms
- ‘In our interview, she was the very picture of collectedness and confidence, but at one point the pressure did get to her.’
- ‘I felt a calmness and collectedness I hadn't experienced in years after my little rendezvous with Tim over coffee and apple pie.’
- ‘The two of them basically radiated calm, cool, collectedness.’
- ‘He replied with his usual collectedness, "As it's been settled, let's not discuss it".’
- ‘Normally I'm alright with exams, and the guy sitting to my right during last year's history mods proclaimed me to be the essence of calm and collectedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.