One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being calm and self-controlled.‘she is the very picture of collectedness and confidence’
composure, assurance, self-assurance, self-control, calmness, coolness, cool headView synonyms
- ‘He replied with his usual collectedness, "As it's been settled, let's not discuss it".’
- ‘Normally I'm alright with exams, and the guy sitting to my right during last year's history mods proclaimed me to be the essence of calm and collectedness.’
- ‘In our interview, she was the very picture of collectedness and confidence, but at one point the pressure did get to her.’
- ‘I felt a calmness and collectedness I hadn't experienced in years after my little rendezvous with Tim over coffee and apple pie.’
- ‘The two of them basically radiated calm, cool, collectedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.