Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the lining of the colon.
- ‘Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.’
- ‘Stress can worsen symptoms of conditions such as peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘Quality of life can be much improved as removal of the colon cures the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘C Difficile is an infection in the intestine which causes diarrhoea and colitis, an inflamed colon.’
- ‘IBS does not lead to colon cancer or ulcerative colitis or any other serious diseases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.