One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The relationship between the linear sequence of nucleic acid bases in the DNA of the gene and the sequence of amino acids in the protein encoded by the DNA.
- ‘However, a number of genes not showing any colinearity were also identified.’
- ‘However, temporal colinearity of Hox gene expression and compact Hox clusters have so far only been described in the cephalochordate, amphioxus, and in vertebrates, but not in Cnidaria, Lophotrochozoa, or Ecdysozoa.’
- ‘Ironically, our studies establishing gene - protein colinearity were performed with an enzyme consisting of two polypeptides encoded by adjacent genes in E. coli.’
- ‘The order and colinearity of these genes seems not to be disrupted between the two species.’
- ‘The almost perfect colinearity of chromosome 20 sequence in humans and mouse could be interpreted as evidence that their form was ancestral to primates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.