One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of bright gasoline lamp used by campers.
- ‘Maybe I'll go out later and buy a Coleman lantern or something for the next time Southern California Edison decides to turn us into a third-world outpost.’
- ‘Because we were in an outlying village, there was no electricity, and with the sun setting quickly over the horizon, it grew increasingly difficult to see by the light of torches and Coleman lamps.’
- ‘One wades into the water and lifts his Coleman lantern.’
- ‘She's getting by with three Coleman lanterns and a new double-barreled shotgun.’
- ‘Nick removed a Coleman lantern from his bag and lit it, filling the room with a harsh, yellow light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.