Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Surgical removal of all or part of the colon.
- ‘The February 2001 AORN Journal will feature one Home Study Program that discusses treating benign colon disorders using laparoscopic colectomy.’
- ‘The circulating nurse must coordinate the room setup and equipment for a laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy and laparoscopic right colectomy.’
- ‘Patients who experience life-threatening hemorrhage, toxic megacolon, or fulminant colitis need emergent surgical management, which usually consists of a total abdominal colectomy with end ileostomy.’
- ‘Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.’
- ‘Low anterior colon resection and right colectomy are two laparoscopic approaches to treat benign bowel disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.