One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Light accompanied by little or no heat; luminescence.
- ‘The boxes are flat against the wall, their cruciform vacancy is lit by the kind of cold light associated with ultraviolet sterilisers.’
- ‘The gas inside the tube excites the phosphor, which creates a cold light that will glow for ten years without any external power source.’
- ‘The lights in the necklace, fireflies, and glowing ocean are all caused by chemiluminescence - light made by a chemical reaction that produces light but no heat, cold light.’
- ‘Leaf illumination was provided by two cold light sources FL - 400 (Walz Inc., Germany).’
- ‘My times are generally longer than those provided by Gordon Hutchings (I agitate less, optimize for cold light, and seek maximum shadow detail).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.