One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cathode that emits electrons without being heated.
- ‘The field emission cathode can be used as an efficient cold cathode in a variety of electronic devices, such as flat panel field emission displays, microwave diodes, triodes and more complex devices.’
- ‘Light is bounced off the scanned object by the cold cathode light and the chips read both colour and shape.’
- ‘An apparatus and method for exposing a treatment site in a patient to x-ray radiation is described that uses a pulse voltage source, where the x-ray emitter employs a cold cathode.’
- ‘FEDs are arrays of electron emitters controlled individually by cold cathodes to generate colored light.’
- ‘You'll also notice that the invertors are much like those on cold cathodes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.