One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cathode that emits electrons without being heated.
- ‘You'll also notice that the invertors are much like those on cold cathodes.’
- ‘Light is bounced off the scanned object by the cold cathode light and the chips read both colour and shape.’
- ‘An apparatus and method for exposing a treatment site in a patient to x-ray radiation is described that uses a pulse voltage source, where the x-ray emitter employs a cold cathode.’
- ‘The field emission cathode can be used as an efficient cold cathode in a variety of electronic devices, such as flat panel field emission displays, microwave diodes, triodes and more complex devices.’
- ‘FEDs are arrays of electron emitters controlled individually by cold cathodes to generate colored light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.