Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of an object) moulded from a resin that hardens without being heated.
- ‘He was apologetic about entering wooden-boat races because Jusfine, authentic in every other way, was one of the first boats built in the Caribbean of cold-moulded plywood.’
- ‘An additional advantage of cold-molded construction for the amateur is that no single piece of the boat is very large or has much surface area.’
- ‘Needless to say, the Philadelphia Ship Preservation Guild was not interested in replacing Gazela's spars with cold-moulded versions, and this idea would lay dormant until it came time to think carefully about the rig for TOAD.’
- ‘This new, cold-molded bottom is called a ‘West System’ bottom, after the name-brand of the epoxy which is used in the installation.’
- ‘An important benefit of cold-molded plastics is the relatively low tooling cost usually involved for short-run production.’
- ‘This is not an issue with our cold-molded hulls due to the materials and techniques we use.’
- ‘For years cold-molded wood construction has been used successfully in building small sailing dinghies, competitive rowing shells, cruising sailboats, rugged multi-hulls, and swift powerboats.’
- ‘Repairs to cold-molded hull planking are carried out by laminating new wood directly in place, having beveled or stepped back the edges of the damaged area.’
- ‘The book gives very complete coverage of all aspects of both cold-moulded and strip-planked boatbuilding with many useful diagrams of detail areas in finishing the hulls once they are planked up.’
- ‘Good cold-molded construction demands high levels of woodworking skill, an area where Goetz excels.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.