One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So I decided to approach this subject fairly cold-bloodedly.’
- ‘He acted cold-bloodedly and could do the same thing to me or, more importantly, my family.’
- ‘The gunman cold-bloodedly shot the officer in the head, the bullet passing through the PC's hand and arm as he tried to defend himself.’
- ‘But there are solid grounds for believing that the police deliberately set off on a mission of assassination and cold-bloodedly murdered him in his bed.’
- ‘In this country, in any part of the world, the law should be if you cold-bloodedly take a life, then you deserve to have your own taken in punishment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.