One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having taken a large amount of cocaine.‘he was obviously drunk or coked up’
- ‘I'm no Miss Alli but I do love to sink the boot into reality TV famewhores and coked up network programmers.’
- ‘The supporting cast could include a sympathetic bartender, a hapless purser, a coked up cruise director, and a comically lecherous ship's doctor.’
- ‘But the track listing is incongruous: The happy-go-lucky Monkey Ska by Derrick Harriot from 1965 is followed by Dillinger's Cocaine In My Brain - a glassy-eyed coked out classic from 1979.’
- ‘Eddie's not going to want to go to a doctor, especially if he gets coked up first.’
- ‘Leaving aside the forgettable Mirage, FM's next most significant moment was 1987's Tango in the Night, the album that Buckingham rescued from the band's coked out indifference, at the cost of his own departure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.