One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As cohabitees, they have no entitlements to each other's assets.’
- ‘There is still in England no legal recognition for a common-law relationship with partners or cohabitees, though in some areas such as pensions there have been concessions.’
- ‘When I looked at the issues raised in the agreement I'm rather appalled that my husband and I didn't even discuss them when we first moved in together as cohabitees.’
- ‘Most unmarried couples eventually decide to get married or split up, suggesting that only a minority of couples wish to stay as cohabitees for their entire lives together.’
- ‘There is currently no recognised legal state for cohabitees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.