One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Engines had a cogged pinion wheel that engaged the rack, helping them climb the slopes.’
- ‘The number one solution to the problem is to give the odd number of cogged wheels a half-twist, thus reversing the parity of the system and allowing all of the gears to turn.’
- ‘I noted a cogged structure, presumably a mounting for the lighter-calibre machine guns that would have been alongside the deck gun.’
- ‘Chains provide greater durability without maintenance, compared with cogged rubber belts.’
- ‘Any closed-circle arrangements of interlocked cogged wheels must have an even number of wheels, if it is to operate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.