One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being clear, logical, and convincing; lucidity.‘the cogency of this argument’
strength, force, power, potency, weight, plausibility, effectiveness, efficacy, soundness, validity, foundationView synonyms
- ‘If this post lacks my usual cogency and clarity, let me know.’
- ‘It was replete with mathematical formulas and stated his case with a rare cogency and persuasiveness.’
- ‘The submissions made to us do not reach the minimum cogency required to persuade me that we should direct a re-hearing of the issue.’
- ‘The validity of a viewpoint seemed to hinge on the author's pedigree rather than on the cogency of his argument.’
- ‘Their basic message that peace and security depend on just economic and political practices continues to have cogency and power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.