One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The joint at the top of a horse's hoof.
- ‘The corrective shoeing consists of shortening the toe and applying a full roller motion shoe to transfer the action from the pastern and coffin joints to the shoe area.’
- ‘As the coffin joint flexes, the deep digital flexor tendon glides against the navicular bone.’
- ‘There have been horses that were constantly having their coffin joints injected with medications to keep them sound.’
- ‘He is now retired due to navicular changes and fusion of the coffin joints in both front feet.’
- ‘Ringbone, a lameness disease of the pastern and coffin joints, is a degenerative disorder that has no cure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.