One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the treasurers of the royal household.
- ‘Parry had been the cofferer in her household while in Seymour's care.’
- ‘The person to whom it was addressed was doubtless Sir Edmund Peckham, who was cofferer of the household at the death of Henry the Eighth.’
- ‘He was cofferer to the king, treasurer of the wardrobe and afterwards clerk of the privy seal.’
- ‘The messengers then came to Elizabeth, and told her that Mrs. Ashley and the cofferer were both secured and sent to the Tower.’
- ‘Their first recorded ancestor in that county, John Shurley, Esq. cofferer to King Henry the Eighth, by will, dated March 1, 1526 directs "to be buried in the church of Isfelde."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.