One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concentrated extract of coffee, usually also containing chicory.
- ‘Gradually beat in the eggs and coffee essence, then fold in the flour and baking powder.’
- ‘Add the coffee essence and enough boiling water to make it the consistency of thick cream.’
- ‘Remove from the heat, stir in the coffee essence and walnut pieces and leave to cool for 5 minutes.’
- ‘Soak the boudoir biscuits in the coffee essence for 3-4 minutes, then arrange a layer of fingers in a serving dish, followed by a layer of cheese mix.’
- ‘If using icing sugar, prepare icing, adding water little by little, and add coffee essence to taste.’
- ‘In the old days when it was impossible to reach a vet quickly due to long distances and slow transport, coffee essence was used to stimulate the heart until the animal recovered.’
- ‘Stir in the coffee essence, and mix thoroughly.’
- ‘Place the coffee essence, milk, pineapple juice and lemon juice in a food processor with the ice and process on maximum speed for 30 seconds.’
- ‘We created pure coffee essence and packaged it in specially designed barrier packets to keep out light and oxygen, which can degrade coffee taste over time.’
- ‘The chemical reaction of the heat and coffee essence is called pyrolysis, and is what produces the flavor and aroma of coffee.’
- ‘Combine hot water, castor sugar, instant coffee, coffee essence and cocoa powder in a saucepan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.