One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A concentrated extract of coffee, usually also containing chicory.
- ‘Gradually beat in the eggs and coffee essence, then fold in the flour and baking powder.’
- ‘Remove from the heat, stir in the coffee essence and walnut pieces and leave to cool for 5 minutes.’
- ‘We created pure coffee essence and packaged it in specially designed barrier packets to keep out light and oxygen, which can degrade coffee taste over time.’
- ‘Soak the boudoir biscuits in the coffee essence for 3-4 minutes, then arrange a layer of fingers in a serving dish, followed by a layer of cheese mix.’
- ‘If using icing sugar, prepare icing, adding water little by little, and add coffee essence to taste.’
- ‘In the old days when it was impossible to reach a vet quickly due to long distances and slow transport, coffee essence was used to stimulate the heart until the animal recovered.’
- ‘Stir in the coffee essence, and mix thoroughly.’
- ‘Add the coffee essence and enough boiling water to make it the consistency of thick cream.’
- ‘Combine hot water, castor sugar, instant coffee, coffee essence and cocoa powder in a saucepan.’
- ‘Place the coffee essence, milk, pineapple juice and lemon juice in a food processor with the ice and process on maximum speed for 30 seconds.’
- ‘The chemical reaction of the heat and coffee essence is called pyrolysis, and is what produces the flavor and aroma of coffee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.