One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar or cafe serving coffee and light refreshments.
- ‘Kelli glanced at her watch and started for the coffee bar.’
- ‘A full-service coffee bar has everything from espresso to hot chocolate, as well as appetizers.’
- ‘Onboard facilities include a coffee bar, café, bar, children's playroom and promenade deck.’
- ‘It has a lecture theatre, two studio classrooms, a shop, a coffee bar and a restaurant.’
- ‘The developers were keen to secure a coffee bar and traditional restaurant for the remaining units.’
- ‘The purpose of the change to a coffee bar or cafe is given as ‘enhancing existing library services’.’
- ‘The coffee bar was reopened on Monday last week after experts carried out checks for refrigeration leaks and testing for chemical contamination.’
- ‘The proposed health and leisure centre will feature a beautician's studio, a coffee bar, gym, jacuzzi, saunas and changing areas.’
- ‘There is a cherished notion of insights shared at the coffee bar or water cooler spawning new technologies, marketing campaigns or simply great ideas.’
- ‘Now, of course I wanted to appear as sophisticated as I really was to this small-town girl, so I suggested we find a coffee bar to sit in and talk.’
- ‘Recently, I overheard a conversation in an LA coffee bar between two women, their faces set in the mask of permanent surprise which afflicts the surgically-enhanced.’
- ‘Butler's cafe has raised the coffee bar to super-latte levels, and the chocolate truffles are worthy of a place in bonbon heaven.’
- ‘He looks up, a little startled, his eyes a piercing blue - but within moments of me introducing myself, he's leading me off to the station coffee bar for a cappuccino.’
- ‘This was once Nicholson's, for 10 years the best coffee bar and restaurant in the area.’
- ‘That's the kiosk, which shouldn't be confused with the cafe, coffee bar or restaurant, which are on the first, first and third floors, not in that order.’
- ‘He had travelled the world, worked in Europe, run a coffee bar in Holland and then developed a passion and love for India.’
- ‘Work will begin on a new church that will seat around 800 people and include a coffee bar.’
- ‘Vienna's polite coffee house society is in open revolt over plans to turn one of the city's most prestigious cafes into an Italian-style coffee bar.’
- ‘People are quite used to popping into a coffee bar when they need to go these days.’
- ‘Davis' building will be transformed into mixed space with offices and residential units combined, and perhaps a coffee bar on the ground floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.