One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar or cafe serving coffee and light refreshments.
- ‘Vienna's polite coffee house society is in open revolt over plans to turn one of the city's most prestigious cafes into an Italian-style coffee bar.’
- ‘A full-service coffee bar has everything from espresso to hot chocolate, as well as appetizers.’
- ‘The proposed health and leisure centre will feature a beautician's studio, a coffee bar, gym, jacuzzi, saunas and changing areas.’
- ‘The coffee bar was reopened on Monday last week after experts carried out checks for refrigeration leaks and testing for chemical contamination.’
- ‘Recently, I overheard a conversation in an LA coffee bar between two women, their faces set in the mask of permanent surprise which afflicts the surgically-enhanced.’
- ‘Work will begin on a new church that will seat around 800 people and include a coffee bar.’
- ‘The developers were keen to secure a coffee bar and traditional restaurant for the remaining units.’
- ‘Now, of course I wanted to appear as sophisticated as I really was to this small-town girl, so I suggested we find a coffee bar to sit in and talk.’
- ‘He looks up, a little startled, his eyes a piercing blue - but within moments of me introducing myself, he's leading me off to the station coffee bar for a cappuccino.’
- ‘Kelli glanced at her watch and started for the coffee bar.’
- ‘Butler's cafe has raised the coffee bar to super-latte levels, and the chocolate truffles are worthy of a place in bonbon heaven.’
- ‘This was once Nicholson's, for 10 years the best coffee bar and restaurant in the area.’
- ‘It has a lecture theatre, two studio classrooms, a shop, a coffee bar and a restaurant.’
- ‘Onboard facilities include a coffee bar, café, bar, children's playroom and promenade deck.’
- ‘People are quite used to popping into a coffee bar when they need to go these days.’
- ‘The purpose of the change to a coffee bar or cafe is given as ‘enhancing existing library services’.’
- ‘There is a cherished notion of insights shared at the coffee bar or water cooler spawning new technologies, marketing campaigns or simply great ideas.’
- ‘Davis' building will be transformed into mixed space with offices and residential units combined, and perhaps a coffee bar on the ground floor.’
- ‘He had travelled the world, worked in Europe, run a coffee bar in Holland and then developed a passion and love for India.’
- ‘That's the kiosk, which shouldn't be confused with the cafe, coffee bar or restaurant, which are on the first, first and third floors, not in that order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.