One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like laugh tracks, they cue our emotional responses, but they also disguise their coerciveness by making us feel included.’
- ‘She did not think that there would be any control and manipulation or coerciveness, she went in, signed the papers, thinking it was the right thing to do.’
- ‘Essentially, these are influence tools of differing coerciveness.’
- ‘As their problems have increased, so the police have moved higher up the scale of coerciveness in their menu of tactics.’
- ‘Coerciveness has long been used for social control in rituals such as union blackballing, college hazing, excommunication and corporal punishment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.