One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-protein compound that is necessary for the functioning of an enzyme.
- ‘For example, our need for vitamins is due to the fact that they function as coenzymes in many metabolic processes.’
- ‘These coenzymes then work with enzymes to perform vital activities within the cell.’
- ‘This conformational changing process is strengthened by the increase in the affinity of the enzyme and for its coenzymes during hibernation.’
- ‘Many prosthetic groups and coenzymes are water-soluble derivatives of vitamins.’
- ‘These are the essential building blocks of proteins and further sources of reduced sulphur for the synthesis of coenzymes and various secondary compounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.