One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Foolish or untrue talk or writing; nonsense.‘of course the missus reckons it's just a bit of codology on my part’
deceit, deception, duplicity, lying, falseness, falsity, falsehood, untruthfulnessView synonyms
- ‘His precise poundage is the subject of some debate, subterfuge and codology.’
- ‘My first reaction was, what silly codology in the liner booklet.’
- ‘The freedom to dismiss such codology comes from his respect for and knowledge of the forces at the heart of life.’
- ‘After all, he's the one who stands over this ‘rubbish and codology.’’
- ‘I was never in favour of pedestrianisation, a lot of it is codology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.