One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of manuscripts and their interrelationships.
- ‘A fairly brief introduction provides a basic description of the manuscript, concentrating on its codicology and production.’
- ‘For the Medieval Studies M.A. students can take the class on How to Describe a Medieval Manuscript, which gives an introduction to transcription and codicology.’
- ‘Hebrew handwritten books may indeed serve as a useful means for devising a comparative codicology and paleography.’
- ‘Students taking this subject will study textual criticism; the elements of codicology and paleography; and examples of the major European bookhands in the Middle Ages.’
- ‘This seminar provides students with a firm foundation in the discipline of codicology and introduces them to the cultural history of the medieval book.’
1950s: from French codicologie, from Latin codex, codic- (see codex).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.