One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Identified by a word used for secrecy or convenience instead of the usual name.‘the code-named operations’‘the five code-named beaches where Allied soldiers landed’
- ‘The administration did expose highly secret code-named programs to the world for political purposes.’
- ‘This is an infamous example from the 1950s of code-named experiments on people gone wrong.’
- ‘The offensive, code-named operations, Iron Fist and River Gate, began on October 1.’
- ‘There are twelve targets across the world, twelve code-named missions.’
- ‘The company used code-named projects to boost sales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.