Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A fatty oil obtained from the flesh of the coconut, used in cooking and in cosmetic products.
- ‘For instance, coconut oil and palm oil are among the most saturated of all fats.’
- ‘Soap can also be made from nearly any fat or oil including vegetable, olive, and coconut oil because the reaction responsible is the same no matter what oil is used.’
- ‘The most abundant sources of industrial fatty acids are coconut oil, palm oil, and soybean oil.’
- ‘Locally produced coconut oil mixed with essential oils of the bay leaf and other herbs can be the foundation of a rejuvenating massage.’
- ‘Use 10 drops of sandalwood oil in 100 ml of coconut oil and massage your legs or the entire body just before your bath.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.