One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for robber crab
- ‘One of the more notable recent invaders is the large coconut crab, a hermit crab restricted to islands in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.’
- ‘Though we were actually searching for coconut crabs, this encounter became a moment I will always remember amongst the other riches of this majestic island.’
- ‘You'll be happy to know that international cuisine features strongly, as well as local specialties including coconut crab and wild pigeon cooked island style in ground ovens.’
- ‘Enormous coconut crabs live in the trees and giant monitor lizards stalk in the undergrowth.’
- ‘She had to keep the kitchen spotless as every night giant coconut crabs came down from the palm trees to see what they could find.’
So named because it climbs trees to reach coconuts.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.