One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fatty substance obtained from cocoa beans, used in the manufacture of confectionery and cosmetics.
- ‘Chalk up these good-for-the-skin benefits to the essential ingredient cocoa butter - a moisture-rich vegetable fat that can help soothe dry skin.’
- ‘Commonly suggested remedies such as cocoa butter, vitamin E oil and other preparations or creams have no evidence that they actually work.’
- ‘In the late 1800s, a Dutchman invented the cocoa press, which could separate the ground beans into cocoa powder and cocoa butter.’
- ‘With its higher percentages of cocoa solids and cocoa butter, this is what hard-core chocolate craving is all about.’
- ‘To make chocolate, processors mix the cocoa liquor with cocoa butter, sugar and, to create milk chocolate, different forms of milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.