One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cacao seed.
- ‘The cocoa bean is a fairly nutritious food, containing polyphenols which may benefit the heart and circulation.’
- ‘I meet some lively Africans from the Ivory Coast, who split open a cocoa bean and fed me the slippery seeds within.’
- ‘A 25-minute film shows what happens from the time the cocoa bean is picked until it ends up as chocolate.’
- ‘They are two of the biggest exporters of chocolates and processed coffee even though they don't produce a single cocoa bean between them.’
- ‘Cocoa liquor, the derivative of the cocoa bean used in milk and dark chocolates that is absent from white chocolate, contains most of the antioxidants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.