One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a brown colour like that of cocoa powder.
hazel, chocolate-coloured, coffee-coloured, nut-brownView synonyms
- ‘They have to have a bright cream background color with distinctive cocoa-colored markings.’
- ‘This is a big, beautiful, multimillion-dollar space with dark wood columns, cocoa-colored walls and tablecloths and mural-style paintings of cattle.’
- ‘The walls are pale beige with lots of white wood trim and a few cocoa-colored accents.’
- ‘As he began speaking, he lowered his small cocoa-coloured eyes and stared intensely at the ground.’
- ‘His hostess, Lady Savile, was in black satin with a chiffon Directoire coat outlined with oxydized silver embroideries and a pale cocoa-colored ostrich feather encircling the crown of her black hat.’
- ‘Gazing from the brink of Utah's Dead Horse Point State Park, with the cocoa-colored Colorado River swirling 2,000 feet below, I tick off these sandstone formations, trying to memorize the ingredients of the geologic layer cake that surrounds me.’
- ‘He disappeared into an anteroom for about 10 minutes and then emerged with a small paper bag filled with a cocoa-colored powder and an envelope containing brown pellets that looked to me like rabbit dung.’
- ‘J. B. is sporting hipster shades and a cocoa-colored cowboy hat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.