Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of a brown colour like that of cocoa powder.
hazel, chocolate-coloured, coffee-coloured, cocoa-coloured, nut-brownView synonyms
- ‘They have to have a bright cream background color with distinctive cocoa-colored markings.’
- ‘As he began speaking, he lowered his small cocoa-coloured eyes and stared intensely at the ground.’
- ‘J. B. is sporting hipster shades and a cocoa-colored cowboy hat.’
- ‘Gazing from the brink of Utah's Dead Horse Point State Park, with the cocoa-colored Colorado River swirling 2,000 feet below, I tick off these sandstone formations, trying to memorize the ingredients of the geologic layer cake that surrounds me.’
- ‘He disappeared into an anteroom for about 10 minutes and then emerged with a small paper bag filled with a cocoa-colored powder and an envelope containing brown pellets that looked to me like rabbit dung.’
- ‘This is a big, beautiful, multimillion-dollar space with dark wood columns, cocoa-colored walls and tablecloths and mural-style paintings of cattle.’
- ‘The walls are pale beige with lots of white wood trim and a few cocoa-colored accents.’
- ‘His hostess, Lady Savile, was in black satin with a chiffon Directoire coat outlined with oxydized silver embroideries and a pale cocoa-colored ostrich feather encircling the crown of her black hat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.