One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘If you think I'm going to tell you anything,’ the guard said cockily, ‘you're mistaken.’’
- ‘She told the room - confidently, almost cockily - that the election was in the bag.’
- ‘About the time he turned 40, the once cockily independent writer had begun collaborating again.’
- ‘‘I know you better than that,’ he cockily snickers.’
- ‘His fellow sellers immediately started packing up their magazines, but he cockily urged them to ‘carry on selling’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.