One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cockroach.‘the contractors had already sprayed for cockies and fleas’
- ‘I had a beach unit which we called 'cockies mansion'.’
- ‘As social critters, they do like to know where fellow cockies are hiding.’
- ‘We don't use pesticides, and I'm very proud of any insect I find in the garden or house (except for the inevitable cockies!).’
- ‘Cockies are common and reside even in the best of homes.’
- ‘Properly sourced cockies can be toasted, fried, sauteed, or boiled.’
- ‘To see some of Queensland's finest cockies, plan to attend the Cockroach Races held annually at the hotel on Australia Day.’
- ‘They say the cockies are indestructible—not true—they cannot swim, and they make crap surfers.’
- ‘By following a few simple steps, you can give cockies an eviction notice for good.’
- ‘There are cockies in the dunny, mate.’
- ‘Don't worry about the cockies—the snakes love them!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.