Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dog that is a cross-breed of an American cocker spaniel and a miniature poodle.
- ‘The most popular hybrids are goldendoodles (golden retriever mix), Labradoodles, schnoodles, and cockapoos (cocker spaniel).’
- ‘We got a phone call from our former sister-in-law who asked if we would take Scooter, a great cockapoo / border collie who was 8 years old.’
- ‘The Labradoodle, Yorkipoo, cockapoo, and schnoodle are the latest designer hybrid dogs to hit the catwalk.’
- ‘My adorable little cockapoo (cocker spaniel-poodle mix), Midnight, dashed up to me.’
- ‘Having a dog that is part spaniel and part poodle isn't enough - it has to be a cockapoo.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.