One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian thrush of evergreen forests, typically with predominantly purplish or green plumage and a pale blue crown.
Genus Cochoa, family Turdidae: four species
- ‘Thirty-five restricted-range bird species are found in this ecoregion including two threatened species: the Sumatran cochoa and Sumatran ground-cuckoo.’
- ‘Some of the more notable birds within the exhibit include black-browed barbets, sultan tits, Javan cochoas and blue-masked leafbirds.’
- ‘The cochoa eventually flew short distances in several hops and gave us all brief views, allowing us to see that he was an immature male.’
- ‘The cochoas are very slender birds, and the one I saw was very horizontal on its branch, tearing away at something.’
- ‘We will make excursions into the cloud forests of the surrounding mountains to search for pittas, cochoas, parrotbills and many more.’
Modern Latin, from a Nepali name.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.