Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance administered to poultry or cattle to retard the growth and reproduction of coccidian parasites.
- ‘Broilers must not be given coccidiostats within a few days of slaughter for human consumption.’
- ‘As a result of this contamination, residues of coccidiostats might appear in animal products like eggs or meat.’
- ‘Starter mash for chicks and poults usually has amprolium added, which is a coccidiostat.’
- ‘Several factors may cause an outbreak of coccidiosis, even if a coccidiostat is present in the ration.’
- ‘The dried product containing the coccidiostat is admixed with the normal feed ration and fed to the animal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.