One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A carbonated non-alcoholic drink.
- ‘Bananas, bread, and flat Coca-Cola were all I could get away with.’
- ‘Even drinking Coca-Cola and reading newspapers is forbidden during working hours.’
- ‘At this time the drink Coca-Cola was first being produced and marketed.’
- ‘There is every type of soft drink except, oddly, Coca-Cola.’
- ‘With consumers putting greater emphasis on health, sugary soft drinks like Coca-Cola are under assault.’
Late 19th century: from coca and cola.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.