One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spider that builds tangled three-dimensional webs.
Family Theridiidae: many species
- ‘Most all cobweb spiders are harmless with the exception of the potentially dangerous widow spiders.’
- ‘We have a few garage spiders with egg sacks too - I think they're a type of cobweb spider.’
- ‘The best way to tell the difference between orb-weavers and cobweb spiders is by looking at the web.’
- ‘The American house spider is a common cobweb spider, effectively traps both flying and crawling insects, and is incapable of biting man.’
- ‘Although many spiders are able to chew solid food, cobweb spiders like the black widow feed only on the fluids inside their prey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.