One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spider that builds tangled three-dimensional webs.
- ‘Most all cobweb spiders are harmless with the exception of the potentially dangerous widow spiders.’
- ‘Although many spiders are able to chew solid food, cobweb spiders like the black widow feed only on the fluids inside their prey.’
- ‘The best way to tell the difference between orb-weavers and cobweb spiders is by looking at the web.’
- ‘The American house spider is a common cobweb spider, effectively traps both flying and crawling insects, and is incapable of biting man.’
- ‘We have a few garage spiders with egg sacks too - I think they're a type of cobweb spider.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.