One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Having a common axis.
- ‘It is also armed with a 25-mm automatic cannon and a 7.62-mm coaxial machine gun common to these fighting vehicles.’
- 1.1 (of a cable or line) transmitting by means of two concentric conductors separated by an insulator.
- ‘Telephone lines and coaxial cable will be the only real options for commercially viable and reliable high speed Internet service.’
- ‘There are at least four methods for moving signals between interconnected consumer electronics devices - over phone wires, coaxial cable lines, power lines or wireless.’
- ‘Power surges travel through any electric, telephone, or coaxial cable line.’
- ‘Signals are transmitted to small receiving antennas on subscribers' rooftops, then routed to the desktop through coaxial cable.’
- ‘Any problems with the coaxial cable, connectors, jumpers, or the antenna will show up as an abnormality on the display.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.