One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long cardigan for women, made of thick yarn and designed to be worn as a coat.
- ‘The coatigan is the perfect answer for when it's too cold for a T-shirt, but still too warm for a coat.’
- ‘Forget the cardigan, this season it is all about the super warm "coatigan" as pictured here.’
- ‘You do not set off for a commute and a nine-to-five in a coatigan; you shrug it on for a stroll across Primrose Hill to sign off some sketches before going to the pub.’
- ‘When I was first introduced to the concept of the coatigan, I admit I did not see myself embracing it.’
- ‘Made for ladies on the move, our hand-knit textured coatigan is as warm as any coat but as comfortable as a cardigan.’
- ‘The coatigan is the must have item for your winter wardrobe.’
- ‘In 2009, she was one of the first people I saw wearing a coatigan.’
1990s: blend of coat and cardigan.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.