One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of exploring a rocky coastline by climbing, jumping, and swimming.‘the more adventurous can try some of the various outdoor leisure activities, such as windsurfing, coasteering, kayaking, diving, or surfing’
- ‘A combination of climbing, scrambling and swimming, coasteering has proved one of the most popular activities at the centre, especially with families.’
- ‘The adrenaline might well start pumping when you find that a weekend of coasteering will cost you £184, though it does include equipment and full-board accommodation.’
- ‘These include surfing, sea kayaking, adventure hikes, mountain biking, and one of the latest crazes for adrenaline junkies - coasteering - where teams climb, jump and swim together on the Atlantic coastline.’
- ‘Coasteering is about really exploring the shore up close - but it's not about taking risks.’
- ‘Not all are extreme, although later this year nerves will be tested as several of them head for Devon to have a go at coasteering which involves jumping off high cliffs into the sea.’
- ‘Stay in a lovely cottage near the coast, explore the beaches, caves, rugged coastline and castles or have some real adventures quad biking, kayaking or even coasteering!’
- ‘In some cases the locals are even inventing new sports for themselves - coasteering, for example.’
Blend of coast and mountaineering.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.