One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The articulation of two or more speech sounds together, so that one influences the other.‘allophones can occur as a result of coarticulation across word boundaries’
- ‘In the past, coarticulation has been studied using only limited data sets and using acousticphonetic methods such as formant analysis.’
- ‘Some sounds are more resistant to coarticulation than other sounds.’
- ‘Secondary articulations are an instance of coarticulation.’
- ‘The phenomenon is well known to phoneticians and is called ‘coarticulation’.’
- ‘People learn coarticulations that are often physically easy but not always physically necessary.’
- ‘However, in spontaneous speech, inter-syllabic coarticulations usually take the form of regressive assimilation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.