One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of strata of the Carboniferous period, including coal seams.
- ‘They are, however, used locally in Pennsylvanian coal measures, and in the Upper Cretaceous.’
- ‘More recently, sequence stratigraphic interpretations have been made on these carbonate coal measures.’
- ‘They form the coal measures that are now mined for power generation.’
- ‘There are still plenty of rich coal measures left to exploit.’
- ‘The Upper Permian Heshan Formation in the Heshan coalfield of central Guangxi is represented by coal measures formed on a shallow-water carbonate platform.’
- ‘Continued erosion by fast-flowing water eroded the uplands to the north of the Gippsland Basin and covered the coal measures with sands and gravels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.