One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place for storing coal.
- ‘A neighbouring coal bunker where Mandela's papers were buried, will be excavated and restored.’
- ‘Other features include a large yard, coal bunker, bin house and planting area.’
- ‘He swayed about a bit, then realised it was me and tried to hide behind the coal bunker.’
- ‘It doesn't seem yesterday - though actually it was 24 years ago - that she was playing in that sunlit garden in St Albans, stepping on snails under the coal bunker because they made such a nice crunchy noise.’
- ‘Late in the evening, I can see the rats sitting on my coal bunker and running across my wall.’
- ‘At the sides of the boiler room, small rectangular hatch surrounds mark the coal chutes for loading the coal bunkers.’
- ‘The area enclosed would most likely have been the ship's coal bunkers.’
- ‘Large coal bunkers were built on the breakwater at this point.’
- ‘In their opinion, the most likely cause was spontaneous combustion in a coal bunker immediately adjacent to the ship's magazine.’
- ‘Sure just look at the lovely kennel I built for him out between the wheelie bin and the coal bunker, what doggie wouldn't be happy living in such luxury’
- ‘With luck, there'll be a brace of pheasants on the coal bunker by evening, courtesy of my neighbour.’
- ‘The whole hedge was ablaze, and they were running for their lives for the safety of the coal bunker in John's garden.’
- ‘The debris here is quite complex, but heading towards the keel you can find piles of coal in one of the coal bunkers.’
- ‘Short Tony appears from behind the coal bunker, looking furtive.’
- ‘While trying to defend his decision to both himself and others, Frost also attempts to solve the murder of a con artist whose body was found in a coal bunker.’
- ‘The stolen art treasure, he revealed, was stored in a damp coal bunker as the thieves desperately sought a buyer.’
- ‘They were on their hands and knees out the back, and looking in the coal bunker and everything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.